Re: [PowerMac] pdisk for Debian?

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 02:01:53PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > debian includes mac-fdisk in the base which AFAICT is the same program
> > as pdisk.
>
> Sounds about right.
>
> > [eb@socrates mac-fdisk]$ cat /usr/share/doc/mac-fdisk/copyright
> > This package was debianized by Michael Schmitz schmitz@lcbvax.cchem.berkeley.edu on
> > Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:58:07 -0800.
> >
> > It was downloaded from ftp.mklinux.apple.com:/pub/Other_Tools/
>
> Thats where it used to be.  The domain is currently gone (I'm trying to
> talk the guy that runs ppclinux.apple.com into putting the old stuff
> there, or at least pdisk.  If he can get the machine)

[eb@socrates eb]$ /sbin/mac-fdisk -v
version 0.4a2 (15 January 1997)
[eb@socrates eb]$

does it really matter? this software is obviously unmaintained
upstream. I would say just make it available elsewhere, say
linuxppc.org if linuxppc.com ever makes good on thier word and gives
that site to the Linux community in general.

what would be really nice is if someone would make some improvments on
this utility, its quite buggy and lacks some useful aspects such as
being able to change an existing partition's type...  (don't ask im not
a programmer ;-))

--
Ethan Benson