Re: progress report on debian/powerpc/apus boot-floppies.

Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 08:45:10PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
> >
> > > pb3 : When i call partition the harddisk, cfdisk is called, and not
> > > amiga-fdisk, like it should be. cfdisk don't know anything about
> > > amiga partitioned harddisks.
> >
> > Have you fixed this in dbootstrap yet?  It should be fairly trivial to
> > fix.  I don't wanna mess with ports I don't understand.
>
> Not yet. I am still trying to understand how all this works. There is a line
> in dbootstrap, telling the menu system that if the arch is ppc, you have to
> use cfdisk ? is that it ? will try to send you a fix then.

Um, it looks to me that this is already done -- see baseconfig.c, line
83.  However, if you look at partition_config.c line 128, you will see
that it will call /sbin/cfdisk if NAME_ISEXE.  And if I recall, on
APU, cfdisk doesn't work (but on other powerpc arches, it does).

Ok... so really the problem is that the root disk for apus (it doees
have its own rootdisk, right) should *not* have /sbin/cfdisk.  You'll
have to hack roodisk.sh, say line 525, and if we're making an apus
rootdisk, then remove $R/sbin/cfdisk.

Ok?

> I was told that the amiga-partition support of libfdisk is read
> only, is this really the case ?

All of libfdisk is read-only.