Re: architecture not supported (sigh)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 10:47:35PM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > 	i am trying to run debian on a g3 notebook and i did as follows:
> >
> > 1. downloaded kernel, drivers, base2_2.tgz, bootx, etc...
> > 2. booting does not work, doenloaded g3 linux from linuxppc.org
> > 3. rename root.bin to ramdisk.image.gz
> > 4. booting now does work, it even loads the ramdisk
> > 5. dibootstrap welcomes me by saying that my architecture is not
> >    supported yet, and reboots...
> >
> > what does that means? isn't a g3 just a ppc? or not? it is the g3
> > of a friend of mine and i don't know very much about macs.
>
> Will build a newer boot-floppies version (2.2.4.1), after my local mirror
> is up-to-date.
>
>  Matt: or will you do this?

I'm on it again.  I'll try to help out on fixing up the kernel packages
too.  Once I get a working build for my PReP boxes and lone Starmax
I'll make the images available for others to test.  Sure would be nice
to get a good cross-section of the Apple products tested (especially for
those architecture not detected problems and the like).

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com