Re: PowerPC Kernel installs

Matt,
	Could we not use fdisk in a non-interactive means? We already should
know which harddrive it's on (ie - /dev/hda or /dev/sda) and then run the
command 'fdisk -l $rootdev' and examine the results for a partition type '41'...
Running fdisk in this fashion is equivilent to hitting 'p' to print the
partition table... For instance my Motorola PReP machine would respond with:

marvin:~# fdisk -l /dev/sda

Disk /dev/sda: 67 heads, 62 sectors, 1009 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 4154 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1             1       923   1917040   83  Linux
/dev/sda2           924       925      4154   41  PPC PReP Boot
/dev/sda3           926       985    124620   82  Linux swap

	This could be handled sanely enuf to check for the existence of the
PPC PReP Boot partition (/dev/sda2 in example)...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	UnderGrid Network Services, LLC

--