Re: OpenSSH 1.2.1pre24-1

At 2:13 PM +0100 1/19/00, Robert Ramiega wrote:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:34:10AM +0000, Sergio Brandano wrote:

>  It is bugged too...
>
> > You have no controlling tty.  Cannot read passphrase.
umm.. thats strange i have ssh-1.2.1pre24-1 on my box and it runs perfectly
ok (i use ssh extensively to access various box both on LAN and WAN)

The error message in question comes about when either or both of the machines has no prior knowledge of the remote machine or your password... Since you're running ssh remotely, it doesn't access your tty, and thus can't prompt you for the password. Or in some cases, the message asking if you want to connect to the unknown host.

I'm not explaining this well, but I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, unless I'm misunderstanding something. :-\

Regards,
	-=Alan