Re: Announcing: XFree86 Xserver accelerated for Rage 128 from XFree86 3.9.17

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000, Kostas Gewrgiou <gewrgiou@imbc.gr> wrote:

>  It is possible, but since the mach64 driver in 3.9.x doesn't have
>acceleration
>yet it won't offer anything more than the fbdev driver. Once acceleration is
>there i am sure that one of us will do it :). Note also that the mga/glint
>drivers support fbdev as well. Anyone willing to add support for the mac only
>cards platinum/control etc ?

There is support for mach64 accel in Geert's FBDev, I think. Isn't it
possible to port this using Kevin Rage128 stuff as a framework ?

I may try to do this myself if I find the time to download all that
stuff... But I won't have time, at least until the gmac driver is
finished and i have ported my current kernel stuffs to 2.3.x...