Re: error with new compiled kernel

Steven Hanley wrote:

> trying out a kernel.org 2.2.18 I jsut compiled and configured, it seems to
> get on there fine with ybin run after modifying yaboot.conf
>
> however when I go to boot it yaboot says
>
> boot:
>    Elf32 kernel loaded...
>
> and freezes there, nothing more happens.
>
> I should maybe find a kernel config for a pismo someone already has working
> I suppose. Is it likely just the fact I misconfigured some choice in the
> kernel config that stops this working?

That's well possible.

> Oh well at least I can easily use the debian 2.2.17 kernel I left the label
> in place for.

To go from the working config of the 2.2.17 kernel, cp /boot/config-2.2.17 to
.config in you kernel tree, make oldconfig and then make menuconfig or
whatever you use for configuration.

Good luck,

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project