Re: HELP! SOS!!!

> > First of all, who do you think you are???
>
> For you, I am a user.

Michel might have taken issue with the implied sense of urgency in your
mail, which is in no way justified given your system just fails to start
X, and nobody forces you to default to runlevel 5 with a new and untested
X configuration if you don't know what the hell you're doing.

> > Others have problems as well, some of them as severe as yours I'm sure.
>
> You are sure? And who do you think you are for making the rest of us
> little little while you can benedict or escomunicate us from your address?

If I recall correctly, Michel is one of the select few who has been
working on both kernel and XFree drivers for Mach64. I'd take his advice
seriously if I were you.

I'm sure I had problems with XFree86 4.0 and 4.01 crashing my Lombard at
some time in the past. You can find discussion of this problem as well as
solutions for it in the debian-powerpc and linuxppc-dev list archives.
Hint: PCI resource conflict is what you best search for, if your problem
is any like what I've been seeing.

My crystal ball is in the shop for repairs, so you'd have to post a log of
the XFree86 startup output (manually starting X in runlevel 3) to give
anyone here a chance to help.

> You can keep your advises and answers for yourself, and let the rest of
> us be troubled in piece. I am in serious need here, and I ask for help.
> If you feel bothered about my asking, you can unsubscribe at any time.

Posts like yours are the exception rather than the rule. So I think a
little procmail hack is enough to improve the signal to noise ratio if
necessary.

Hope this helps,

	Michael