Re: r128 driver still borked in XF4.0.1-9pre10

> Anyway, I had to learn the hard way last night that 4.0.1-8 doesn't work on my
> Pismo either (the infamous cannot read V_BIOS), which version should the patch
> for that be in?

The one on Branden's site works for me.  However, that error still exists,
but it does work.  I'm still having a problem with getting accelerated X
to work properly, but apparently others on the list have gotten it
working.  I think my problem centers around the broken PCI-PCI bridge code
in the kernel, since I have a UMAX S900 (read: PowerMac 9x00 with 6 slots),
and the video board is in slot 4 (bus 1 card 1 id 0).

BTW, for anyone that cares, I tried a stock 2.2.17 kernel with the PCI-PCI
bridge patches and it still does not work.  I've also tried 2.4.0test11,
stock 2.2.18pre21, and a patched 2.2.18pre21.

Has anyone ever gotten X to recognize a video card in the second PCI bus
of a 9x00/UMAX before?

-j

PS.  If it helps, it appears that the kernel is incorrectly assigning the
     IRQ for my video board to IRQ 1.. Looking at /proc/interrupts, I don't
     see that there have been any interrupts serviced for IRQ 1, so I'm
     assuming either it is intentionally hidden from the kernel, or is
     unused and may actually be used by a PCI card.. anyone care to
     comment on this?