Re: using scp

At 10:21 PM -0900 11/17/00, Ethan Benson wrote:
i would recommend installing the ssh package from woody on potato, or
if the dependencies drag too much woody in, get the woody sources and
compile a .deb for potato.

(with deb-src pointed at woody)
apt-get -b source ssh

Just a quick note for anyone else wanting to do this. ssh is non-us so you need to point apt at woody/non-us.

Also debian security released a new version of ssh to fix a remote exloit in previous versions of ssh, you can get the latest version from security.debian.org

So to get all this to install I added the following to my sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org potato/updates main contrib non-free

Kevin