Re: why isn't quik in boot floppies?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:31:40PM -0800, Chris Baker wrote:

> I built a kernel without CONFIG_BOOTX_TEXT, and it works fine now.  It
> might be cool to have some official debian kernels without this option
> set.

Dan was talking about disabling that option in the standard kernels
anyway, since the default debian setup is to use quik that seems
reasonable.  i think disabling this option only causes some of the
kernel boot messages to not be visable with a bootX boot, which is
hardly critical, compared to making the kernel unbootable by quik...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/