No Subject

> I'm sorry, the only contribution I can make is that I did the same
> upgrade about
> a week ago and "it worked for me".  I have upgraded to woody in steps
> though,
> starting with GNOME and E and only recently doing libc6, so I'm down to
> about 80
> packages held now...
>
> Did you get the new libnss-db?  And everything that goes with libc6, e.g.
> locales, ncsd, i18n-data...?  I did it via dselect rather than apt-get,
> that's
> the only difference I can think of...

Thought I'd add a bit to this thread... I am currently running the latest
of
everything in woody, and don't seem to be having any troubles.  The
only thing of note is the architecture dependencies are mucked up for
many packages, which I simply override each time with --force-architecture;
however, I would like to know what is going on here (ie, why it changed
from powerpc-gnu-linux to simply powerpc).  Is one (or more) of the
package maintainer(s) building packages improperly, or what?  It's not
incredibly bothersome, but if someone knows *why* this is, it would be
nice to know...

Regards,
Jonathan