Re: Major libc6 problems (with libc6 2.1.97-1 and friends)

"C.M. Connelly" wrote:

> I just had hours of ``fun'' after typing the fateful command
> ``apt-get upgrade'' and having my glibc packages upgraded from
> 2.1.3-13 to 2.1.97-1.

I'm sorry, the only contribution I can make is that I did the same upgrade about
a week ago and "it worked for me".  I have upgraded to woody in steps though,
starting with GNOME and E and only recently doing libc6, so I'm down to about 80
packages held now...

Did you get the new libnss-db?  And everything that goes with libc6, e.g.
locales, ncsd, i18n-data...?  I did it via dselect rather than apt-get, that's
the only difference I can think of...

-Adam P.