Re: Journaling Filesystems?

> > i think reiserfs is i386 only right now anyway, ...

Didn't know such a thing was still possible :-)

> They are, albiet slowly, working on "fixing" reiserfs.  iirc, the only real
> problem with reiserfs on ppc is that x86 won't be able to read the image, and
> quite possibly later on when it does work, you'll have to reformat[*].  If you
> have some time, reiserfs' test-suite (mongo.sh, run for 24hrs) is on the web
> site someplace...
>
> [*] SuSE/PPC will be shipping with reiserfs, so they just might be stuck into
> providing an easy upgrade path (prolly the same, dangerous, way ext2 did tho
> :( )

I don't recall the ext2 'upgrade' being dangerous. And there's always the
option of having the kernel byteswap (or not) on the fly, after examining
the superblock and deciding what byte order the filesystem is in. That's
what we did with ext2 for quite some time.

	Michael