Re: yaboot: Booting MacOS doesnt work

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 07:39:06PM +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> Hello!
> My Hardware is an Pismo 400 Modell Firewire ...
> I´ve problems booting macOS. It´s installed on /dev/hda10.
> My yaboot Bootstrap Partition is /dev/hda9 .
> I can boot Debian but when i press m only the floppy with the blinking questionmark appears.
> I´ve reinstalled MacOS with the restore cd to the Macintosh HD (partition 10)
> Any ideas, why i can´t boot up MacOS
> I´ll send you my Configs
> - /etc/yaboot.conf
> - /etc/ofboot.b

delete /etc/ofboot.b and install the yaboot and powerpc-utils packages
from potato-proposed-updates.  the ybin in potato does not support the
macos dual boot options.

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ dists/proposed-updates/

to /etc/apt/sources.list

and run:

apt-get update
apt-get install yaboot powerpc-utils

that will upgrade the two packages.  then run:

ybin -v

to reinstall the bootstrap.

Ethan Benson