Network Boot Problems

I'm having a small problem that is turning out to be a bigger pain than I expected. I have an IBM RS/6000 machine that I'm installing Linux on, but when I try to get it to boot off the network, it contacts my bootp server (which happens to be an intel Debian box) and starts to download the file. The strange thing is, it only fully completes the download about 1/4 of the times I try to get it to download. Usually, when I type in 'boot net' to get it to boot from the network, it loads anywhere between 1500 and 2000 packets, and then stops. About 20 seconds later, it gives me a packet error (which on IBM machines is just a bunch of numbers) and the network boot fails. Other times, if I'm lucky, it'll go through fine. This is a pain because it makes booting kernel images >1Meg really hard because the bigger it is the more of a chance of it failing part-way through. Anybody seen this before?

Eric Reischer                                   "You can't depend on your eyes
emr@engr.de.psu.edu if your imagination is out of focus."
emr@ccil.org                                                    -- Mark Twain