NFS -fh() not implemented

I'm trying to set up my Mac 6500 as an nfs server, but keep getting this
error, on the server, reported in syslog:

 rpc.mountd; getfh failed; function not implemented.

I've tried recompiling the kernel, but still keep getting this error.  The
nfs client reports a permission denied error.  My exports file seems to be
alright, ftp and telnet work fine, so it doesn't seem to be the network.

Am I doing something stupid?  Or is there something wrong here?  Should I
get new sources for nfs?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Talacko