Re: XFBDev problem

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > When booted with yaboot, XF4 has a habit of spontaneously dying after
> > 1 sec--10 min, but never harms the OS. Refresh and display is excellent
> > however, as long as it's up ;^/.
>
> With a self compiled X 4.01 from Ani's sources, X is rock solid on my
> Lombard (15 bpp, 24 bpp, you name it). With 2.2.17pre, 2.2.18pre (BenH
> rsync) or 2.4.0-test9 (Paul's rsync). What am I doing wrong?

If you find out, please let me know!
I didn't compile the whole package myself, only Ani's ati driver, the
rest was installed from rpm (yeah, making this more appropriate for
linuxppc-user now). I'm afraid I don't have the disk space for the
full compile, but I might try to compile the Xserver package..

Cheers,
							Derek