Re: Okay, where is it?

At 7:16 PM -0400 9/18/00, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 02:49:44PM -0500, Chris Ivanovich wrote:
 I checked out the file paths in the docs, and made allowances for the
 fact that the LSL CD has different directories than the docs list.
 But no matter what I type in this step, when I hit "OK" the cursor
 pops back up the the line where I specify the file path.  And what's
 with the second field on the screen with the <....> in it?  I don't
 find it mentioned in the documentation.

Different directories?  How different, and did they call the CDs
official?  That's not ok.  The files should be in
dists/potato/main/disks-powerpc/current/ somewhere...

Yes, I believe that these are "official" disks. And there is _no_ "current" directory! I've been checking out dists/potato/main/disks-powerpc/2.2.16-2000-07-26/powermac/<directory with 9 files and a directory with 4 disk images>.

Could it be just that this is a bad set of disks and I need to look elsewhere? I purchased them because I wanted something bootable (since I have DSL I don't mind downloading the stuff, but having it in one package was nice). I've since found out that I can't boot from them, and if this isn't an official distribution, maybe I should look elsewhere. Any suggestions?

The <...> is probably some kind of browse...  Afraid I don't recall.

Well, I couldn't get it to actually _do_ anything when it was selected and I hit <enter> so I wondered what the function was...

Still working on it,

Chris
--
The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.