Re: XFree86 4 phase2v5 available for powerpc

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 11:15:41PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Thanks to Dan Jacobowitz for making this happen.
 =o)))

 First of all i'm using Debian/PPC on APUS machine. Before installing phase2
debs i had XFree 4.0.1 up'n'running without problems. I got binaries from
http://hadess.free.fr/files/xf4. The tarballs extract themselves to
/usr/X11R6.4 so it doesn't interefere with rest of install.
 After installing debs all was fine until i tried to type anything in term.
 The Keyboard layout was totally hosed. I didn't have Shift-keys,
Control,Alt, no NumPad. I started to fiddle around with XF86Config and
xkeycaps and managed to get back most of the missing keys. I couldn't make it
to use Shift keys (under xkeycaps when i pressed them corresponding keys on
screen didn't turn to yellow)  It looked as those 2 keys were completely
ignored/non-existant.

 Than i made just one thing: changed /etc/X11/Xserver to point to XFree86
from the tarball and all started to work again.
 While using Xfree86 from debs i noticed this line in logfile:

(II) Defaulting to XFree86/Linux keycode handling.

 Could this cause problems ? If so how can I (help) fix that ?

--
 Robert Ramiega  | robert@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 UIN: 13201047   | http://www.plukwa.net/         | the power of Source