RE: Which IMAP and POP3 servers ?

Outlook 2k crashes when told to use this server. :(

>   courier-imap 0.31-1

I haven't tried it much, really, because it doesn't support /var/spool/mail
and I don't see why I should convert to Maildirs.

> The choice (according to "apt-get -s install pop3-server") of available
> pop3 servers is:
>   cucipop 1.31-13
>   qpopper 2.53-5

I use qpopper, which is quite install & forget, but then, you might need
something more elaborate.

>   ipopd 4.7c-1
>
> Does anyone have any preferences, suggestions or comments regarding
> these packages.  I thought I would install "imap" and "ipopd".  Are
> these ok or are there better packages ?  qpopper sounds interesting.
>
> Thanks for any advice,
> Brendan Simon.

I've got to add a question of my own here:

Is there an imap server that can store mails and directories in a directory
and gets along with Outlook? (./configure --enable-endure-o2k)

As I said, I tried (UW) imap, which needs a '/' added to a dir name if
it should contain other dirs. Outlook doesn't know this, it seems, so
any recursive copying will fail.

Thanks

Christian