debian cd booted on Sage imac

on 9/8/00 9:13 AM, Daniel Jacobowitz at dan@debian.org wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:16:51PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

>>> Oh, my.  That's interesting.  You might want to forward this to Ben H,
>>> since he's the only one who really understands the voodoo involved in
>>> yaboot.
>>
>> it could also be that the imac in question is not listed in ofboot's
>> <COMPATIBLE> tag.  i added alot of new machines to ybin 0.21 ofboot.b.
>
> Good catch, Ethan.  I would bet that's what it is.  Matthew, when you
> get the machine booted, could you show us /proc/device-tree/compatible,
> please?

That did the trick.  I finally got around to borrowing a friend's linux box
to make the necessary additions in the <COMPATIBLE> tag of ofboot.b and
create a new bootable image.  As soon as I get it installed I'll send a copy
of /proc/device-tree/compatible.  I might also add, these additions  should
definitely be on the todo list for 2.2r1.  Thanks again Ethan and Dan.

matt kurpiewski
<matthewk@pitt.edu>