2.2.17, 2.4.0-test8 and SCSI SYM53C8XX

Hi all,

I've succeded in booting my MVME 2303 Board with a 2.2.17 kernel from
ftp.kernel.org. Since it was a diskless board, I bought a PMC card to have
SCSI (a pci to scsi chip 53C895).

When I try to do the same with the 2.4.0-test8 kernel I can't select the
SYM53C8XX SCSI support. What do I need to do in order to enable it for my
kernel ?

I have the same problem with the 2.3.99-pre9 kernel. I wonder if I succed
to boot a 2.4.0 kernel if there is anything interesting in try to do the
same with a 2.3.99 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

O+ xavier

grave@ipno.in2p3.fr
33 (0) 1 69 15 79 59
De chacun selon ses forces, a chacun selon ses besoins