Re: APM-Support?

Marc Segelken wrote:

> what do I have to do to get APM working on my Powerbook Pismo? I tried
> several kernels yet and even compiled one of my own by explicitly
> setting the APM-switch in xconfig, but I don't get a /proc/apm file when
> I start the arbitrary kernel versions, which were ranging from 2.2.17
> (original from debian) over 2.2.17pre20-ben3 to 2.2.18pre2-ben1. I have
> already found out that I have to create the apm_bios-device, but this
> don't helps either.
>
> Does anybody have an idea what else is missing or if the APM-support for
> the Pismo doesn't work yet anyway?

Apple hardware doesn't have APM per se but PMU. The pmud package contains the
daemon with comparable functionality to apmd. There's a gkrellm plugin for it,
and you can have it emulate APM, but that works only for software where you
can specify the location of the emulated /proc/apm as it can't put it exactly
there.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project