Scheduled Startup & Shutdown under Linux

Running MacOS 8.1 on my PowerMac 7300, I can use the "Scheduled Startup & Shutdown" section of the "Energy Saver" control panel to set my PowerMac to automatically boot up and shut down and specified times. I have successfully used cron to get Linux to automatically shut down at a specified time, but I haven't figured out how to get it to boot automatically. I have my PowerMac setup to boot into Linux by default, and I if boot into MacOS then shutdown, it will automatically boot at the specified time, and will boot into Linux. Unfortunately, when I shut down from Linux, the automatic boot doesn't happen. I'm guessing that MacOS does something when it shuts down to make the automatic boot happen, and Linux doesn't do this.

Does anybody know if there is a way to get my PowerMac to automatically boot at a specified time after Linux shuts down?

	thanks,
	Peter Canning