Re: Which is the best DHCP client and server.

Brendan J Simon wrote:

> Is there a recommended DHCP client and server combination for Debian
> systems ?
> Do any have advantages over the others ?

I used to use dhclient, which needs to be invoked manually. I've experienced a
somewhat shaky network with it often, don't know what caused it exactly.

I've been using dhcpcd now for quite some time with good success, the only
drawback is a delay of about a minute on boot-up when I don't have a network
connected to my Pismo.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project