Re: touble making Power Mac 7200 boot directly into Linux

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 10:44:03AM +0200, Michael Lyngbøl wrote:

> > yes and it will also help to use the right key combo which is
> > *command* option p r ;-)
> >
> > (command aka Apple key)
>
> Aargh ... still don't get it. I'm able to reset/reboot the box using
> CRTL+APPLE+RESET (3 key combination), it says "booong" and then I hold
> down CTRL+APPLE+p+r (4 key combination) - nothing happens?!
       ^^^^

that should be the option key not control.

you also might have to do it from a cold boot, shut the machine down,
hold those keys THEN power it on.  (apple designers assumed everyone
has 3 arms)

keep holding them down till the machine reboots itself 3 times.  if it
does not reboot itself it didn't work.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/