Re: X and Mouse hangs my system

Hi,
i just installed debian2.2r0 at the weekend on my blue&white G3 Mac.
Everything went fine except that the mouse in X is not working.
If I don't move the mouse or hit a mousebutton I can change to a console,
but if I move or hit a button the whole system hangs and my only chance to
get off is to make a hard reset. With gdm my mouse works. So I thought
this might be a problem with XFBDev and I changed to Xpmac, but the
same problem. Then I plugged my old ADB Keyboard and Mouse into
my machine in hope that the problem is in the USB Driver, but netherless.
So anyone got an idear ?

arne

Arne,

for me worked the following:

Make sure you have the appropriate protocol for the gdm-repeater. This is usually done by gdm-conf. Then change the Section Pointer entry in /etc/X11/XF86Config according to that entry. I.e. if you have chosen ms3 as repeater-protocol (gdm-conf) the entries in XF86Config should be "Microsoft" (protocol) and /dev/gpmdata (device). Be flexible on paths and exact spelling, I'm currently on MacOS, so there might be slight differences.
The mailing list has also some postings on how to get two mice working.

hope that helps
	Olaf