Another Poor Documentation Rant

I've gotten over hurdle mentioned in my last (almost ingnored) help request by copying the install data files to a ZIP disk. This, incidentally, is the kind of thing that needs to be on the powermac install page in big red text with a lot of <blink> tags: RESCUE DISK CANNOT READ HFS+! Also, is anyone planning on updating the file links anytime soon? Once I finally figured out how to point the installer to rescue.bin, it told me I was missing drivers.tgz. I'm currently downloading that file (from a link I had to ask someone for because all the posted ones were dead), but I'm probably going to have to come back for more. Is the lack of documentation a result of an expectation that everyone has LAN hookups and can d/l all the files directly from the installer? If so, wake up and smell the coffee. Even comp. eng. students like me use modems in the summer! Oh, and the install process needs better error recovery. Do you know how annoying it is to try several different directories !
and have to do the entire kernel install process everytime, picking the volume and everything? When it fails to find a file, it should display an error message and return to the exact same dialog it was at when you hit OK, *not* return the main install menu. One more thing, I get some error about cylinders or tracks when accessing my IDE ZIP too, sounds like what someone else described with a floppy. It continues fine, but you might want to pass that on to whoever wrote the zip drive for the installer. </rant>
--