Re: Partitioning--Advice?

Look in the mail archives for Ethan Benson's detail advice and howtos on partitioning for PowerMacintosh's.

Since you only have a 1GB drive, I would not worry about creating seperate partitions for /home, /etc, /var ...  Just have one partition for everything.  If you intstall more drives later, you can partition them the way you want, copy the information from /home (for example) to the new drive/partition and then mount the new drive/partition to /home.

Use the linux partitioner (cfdisk) that comes with the debian install disks/cd.  Choose the drive and create a 64MB linux swap partition and have the rest as a linux ext2 partition.  That's all you need.

Brendan Simon.