Re: IDE-problems

>Anything in the interrupt code, or the arch independent IDE code since
>then? From the descriptions posted, there was a stray IDE interrupt after
>the set multiword DMA failure in most cases. Should the SET_FEATURE
>command that performs the set multiword DMA 2 operation generate an
>interrupt? Can delayed handling of this interrupt result in the drive not
>clearing the busy flag?

It should not generate an interrupt, but I may have forgot to tell the
drive not to do so. But that's not the problem. The IDE interrupt
problems are almost _never_ related to arch interrupt management, and
almost always related to IDE configuration problems (or bogus drives).
There have been no changes to interrupt management I know of affecting
recent 2.2.x kernel on old ohare controllers anyway.