Re: X Free

(It would be cool if you could trim the cited text and reply below - read RFC
1855)

Cameron wrote:

> I do indeed have the matroxfb driver for the console.

So:

> > > I have to use the same settings as my frame buffer?

No. You can use whatever modelines your monitor can display. The fbset -x
trick is handy to get working modelines quickly though (and to get coherent
modes in X and console, ... :)

> > Provided you can get 4.0.x working, that would be much better - the mga
> > driver is one of the most advanced drivers wrt performance and features.

Does anyone know if the 4.0.x mga driver works on PPC?

Michel

--
I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS