airport problems additional info

I'ts just been brought to my attention that I should give a little more info
on my problem.

I'm running a benh kernel 2.2.17pre10, compiled by hand on a pismo firewire powerbook.
I'm trying to install airport module .9.3
the airport card I'm trying to install *looks* like a pcmcia card, but it's
installed in the special airport slot on the inside of the laptop.
I'm getting the error "airport.o: unresolved symbol isa_io_base"
this error has shown up on several test kernels w/different options selected,
including set version information on all symbols for modules both on and off.
I have selected the option for wireless networking.  but I seem to get this error
either way.
if any other info would be helpful, please let me know and I'll provide it.
Christopher Sanner   | mailto:csanner@tux.org
Phone  :703-409-1144 | Fax   :703-889-1060
Linux SysAdmin to WinStar Telecommunications through VistaRMS
Vice President and Co-Founder MasonLUG
finger csanner@boudicca.tux.org for pgp key and geek code block

'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.