Booting install system

Ok, I have a starmax 4000/200 (200 mhz 604e).

I wanna put debian on this thing. Now, making a boot floppy (with my intel
debian box) won't work. It just spits the floppy out during boot up.
Any ideas on how to get around that?

I've been trying to get bootx working(as the boot floppy isn't working), I
put the ramdisk.image.gz to everywhere the docs say it can go and then some,
but no matter what, it whines and says "Error, could not find a suitable kernel file (#0)".
I've had this problem with another starmax 4000/200 I've worked on. I
finally got the install system to boot up. I had also put the
ramdisk.image.gz image in all the places the docs mentioned hoping that
eventually bootX would be happy with one of the locations (wihch it
finally was). Although that doesn't matter as I've tried .So it
would appear either the version of bootx I'm suing on my ppc system
(1.2.2) is more broken than the version I used on the other ppc system
(don't remember what version, it was a few months ago).

Any ideas on what to try with bootx? Any ideas on how to boot up the
install system period (besides a bootable cd, I don't feel like
downloading a cd image over a 56k)?

Thanks

PS: I would like to note I'm real newbie when it comes to MacOS and the
ppc architecture.