Re: Debian on an iBook - colourdepth

Hi,

don't know about the virtual screen size, but managed to get the color
depth:
You have to set the color depth in /etc/X11/XF86Config:
---
# **********************************************************************
# Screen sections
# **********************************************************************

# Server for the Linux Frame Buffer Device

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "FBDev"
    Device      "Linux Frame Buffer Device"
    Monitor     "Generic Monitor"
    DefaultColorDepth 32
                     ^^^^
!! change to this (24 will not work)

    SubSection "Display"
        Depth       1
        Modes       "default"
        #Virtual     1280 960
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth       4
        Modes       "default"
        #Virtual     1280 960
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth       8
        Modes       "default"
        #Virtual     1280 960
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth       16
        Modes       "default"
        #Virtual     1280 960
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes       "default"
        #Virtual     1280 960
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth 32
        Modes      "default"
    EndSubSection
EndSection
---
But for me it runs without graphics acceleration.

My system: PowerBook Pismo, kernel 2.2.15pre19, XFree 3.3.5, XF86_FBDev.