Re: unzip

> from what I've learned, VMWare doesn't emulate but hands over the code to
> the processor for execution. Thus it won't run on PPC since the PPC will
> tell you that this code doesn't make sense to him (not that it would do
> anyway ;) )

This is correct.  VMWare simply creates a virtual machine envinronment
hosted by one operating sytem (Linux or NT) under which another operating
system that runs on the same hardware may boot.  But the actual running of
that operating system occurs directly on the hardware, it is not emulated.

In this respect, MOL provides a similar services to LinuxPPC, allowing
MacOS (which runs on the same type of hardware) to boot in an environment
hosted under LinuxPPC.  But to run Windows binaries, you would need a true
emulator, like say Bochs...

-raf