Re: Why yaboot is NOT for oldworld macs, Oldworld owners please read!(was Re: StarMax and yaboot...)

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 06:42:45AM -0700, Brian Macy wrote:

> >From the FAQ it implies it would work. Last sentence implies you should
> switch to yaboot even if you do not have a NewWorld machine.

i have modifed that section to clarify it.

> This actually isn't true for the StarMax. And my goal is actually to get
> serial console.

being able to access OF from the console is very nice, though it may
require you tinker with the output and input device variables (at
least it does on the few apple machines supporting OF video)

> Please clarify the FAQ linked off your page. Thanks.

done. and upstream maintainer of the FAQ has been notified.  (i am not
the author of that FAQ, Eric Peden is.)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/