Re: I messed up my mouse...(G3 PB)

Josh wrote:

> I thought I'd check out gpm, and now my mouse (trackpad) is frozen in X
> (Gnome w/Enlightenment).  I did gpm -k to kill it and de-installed gpm,
> and rebooted.  But the mouse is still frozen.

Are you sure gpm isn't running? (check with ps aux|grep gpm)

I also had a frozen pointer sometimes but it went away when I killed gpm and
restarted X.

> Now I can't do anything, or even get to a terminal window to kill xdm (xdm
> keeps restarting X everytime I ctrl-cmd-del out of it).

ctrl-command-(fn-)F1 gets you to a console, where you can type (as root)

/etc/init.d/xdm stop

Michel

--
Me? A skeptic? Can you prove it?
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS