Re: Debian CD-images

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 03:33:59PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> I will never understand thier obsession with BootX, they just won't
> let it go...  BootX won't work on AGP G4s (or at least extremely
> poorly) it sorta works on others, but BootX is really not that
> reliable on newworld macs, and is apparently unreliable when used with
> MacOS9 on any hardware, especially newworlds.

Bronze keyboard G3 Powerbooks (Lombard) do not work with yaboot.  There is
some kind of initialization issue with the framebuffer that hasn't been
resolved.  Even though I don't like it, I'm stuck using BootX on my
powerbook.  I hope this problem will be discovered, someday, though.

I do agree that BootX is an annoying way to normally boot Linux.  It just
looks strange to have the machine boot up and identify itself as MacOS, and
then go into Linux.

David Brown