Status of USB-support in debian-powerpc

I'd like to know the status of the USB-support in debian-powerpc port.
I'm currently using the Potato release (kernel 2.2.14) with the
USB-backport from kernel 2.3.99pre6 (see
"http://www.suse.cz/development/usb-backport/";) on an i386, since my
USB-keyboard/-mouse definitly needs this backport. When Potato becomes
final (need a working CD before I can start) I'd like to install it on
my b&wG3, using the same keyboard/mouse through an USB-switchbox.

Since kernel 2.4 definitly won't be ready, I strongly favour an
inclusion of this USB-backport into Potato, even as a separate Debian
package. Michael Vogt voluntiered to build such a package (see
"http://members.xoom.com/mydebs/debian/usb/";). Could anybody check it on
a PPC? And does anyone support the inclusion into Potato?

O. Wyss

PS. Is there a similar backport for the framebuffer device?