Re: 2.3.99pre7-8 experiences

>    * The big showstopper for me is that PPP doesn't work.  Chat dials
>      just fine, but as soon as it sends the password to my ISP, the
>      connection goes down.  In /var/log/messages, chat indicates it's
>      sent the password, pppd prints "Serial connection established." and
>      then exits with SIGHUP.

Im using kernel 2.3.99pre6 from Puals tree. And PPP works fine. So unless
there really is something wrong with the very latest version, i would
think its somewthing wrong on your end. Im thinking you already grabbed
the latest version of pppd, but if you didnt download the altest version
of pppd and compile/install it, as the newer 2.3 kernels have some
reworked ppp stuff if im not mistkaen. I connect and stay connect fine
with my 2.3 kernel. Just some suggestions.

	Scott Knight