Re: FBDev crashes

> positive:
> -       works without crashes! and is faster!
>
> neutral:
> -       neither -mach64 nor -ct6555 work here
>
> negative:
> -       no documentation -- does anybody have a URL for the RPM?
> -       I can enter "Xpmac -middlebutton 101" on the command line, but a
> first line in /etc/X11/Xserver like "/usr/X11R6/bin/Xpmac -middlebutton
> 101" doesn't work. How can I pass arguments to Xpmac for the use with
> gdm?
>
> strange:
> -       does Xpmac really read /etc/X11/XF86Config?

The fact of the matter is that there's really not much to Xpmac at all,
it's just a binary.
It seems to detect all of the stuff itself, and, for me, worked better
when i was using the Open Firmware frame buffer (No Video Driver option in
BootX.)
No, it doesn't need the XF86Config. Middle and right buttons are alt
(Command) 2, and 3 on your keyboard.
I use XPMac. I've tried XFree, too, with a properly configured ATYFb, but
it doesn't fit my needs and seems a bit choppier. I have a 2 button
kensington mouse, and could not get Emulate3Buttons working, even though i
was using XFree, and had Emulate3Buttons and Emulate3Timeout defined in my
XF86Config.
Just feed Xpmac the -mach64 option.. It'll be much more pleasant.