Re: i386->powerpc cross compiler

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 04:27:22PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, David N. Welton wrote:
>
> > Any plans to create an i386 to powerpc gcc crosscompiler package?  I
> > think we'd increase our popularity amongst the embedded folks who use
> > PPC.
>
> I was actually thinking about creating one myself, but I cannot promise
> when that will be, it might be tomorrow or in one month. To be frank, I
> may need this for my work (though not embedded-oriented), but things are
> a bit vague so far. Still, I too think it would be nice to have and I
> actually think of having a whole series of cross-compilers from and to
> each and every debian platform available. (section: cross-compilers?)

Ew.

I really dislike having these available as packages; they are easy to
build, very limited target audience, and very large/complex.  Having to
maintain a separate source tree for gcc for each target would be a
nightmare; building them out of the gcc package would probably push its
build time up to something truly obscene.

Dan