Re: Netscape 6

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 04:55:58PM +0000, Sergio Brandano wrote:

>  I have just installed Netscape6 on the i686. The surprise is that ...
>  Netscape6 and Mozilla are ... identical! I believe netscape has more
>  features? It is certainly slower, and I do not like the new skin and
>  the fewer buttons (I loved the "house" button, which is now
>  dissapeared). Netscape claimes it as the smallest browser ever, but
>  is 11Mb!!! I am a little disappointed. I think I'll get stuck with 4.72.

Same here, ...

it uses the 2.9 version of libstdc++ though, while mozilla M14 uses the latest
version in potato.

the theme support of mozilla has also gone (not that it seemed to work, but
that way, you could have put an old netscape interface on top of it).

by the way, ...

isn't it against policy that mozilla installs its executable in
/usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin and not in /usr/bin ?

the true executable i mean, not the little script that does the preparing for
the actual binary launch.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER