Re: Is it possible to have MOL networking under Debian?

Actually, I would expect that the two OSes can't ping each other after all,
they're sharing an ethernet card (and thus a MAC address). Or does tap do
something odd? maybe...

I have it working quite nicely - but I'm not using tap at all. What I have is

# Ethernet

disable_osi_enet:       no
enet_interface:         eth0

and all I had to do was startmol (and then setup MacOS).

Of course, I have the luxury of being able to use dhcp in addition to my 1
static IP, such that Linux and MacOS end up as peers and I don't need a
masquerade. But it *can* work in debian, at least.