[branden: Re: /etc/X11/Xmodmap]

Forgot to CC my reply to the mailing list.

----- Forwarded message from branden -----

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: /etc/X11/Xmodmap
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:50:30 -0500

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 09:14:02PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> /etc/X11/Xmodmap contains:
>
> ! PowerPC
> ! keycode 59 = BackSpace
> ! keycode 125 = Delete
>
> However, this comment is not entirely correct. Better would be:
>
> ! PowerPC PReP or CHRP with PS/2 keyboard
> ! keycode 22 = BackSpace
> ! keycode 107 = Delete
>
> ! PowerPC PowerMac or CHRP with ADB keyboard
> ! keycode 59 = BackSpace
> ! keycode 125 = Delete
>
> ! PowerPC/APUS
> ! keycode 73 = BackSpace
> ! keycode 78 = Delete

Thanks very much for the data.  I will need to do a 3.3.6-5 release for
other reasons so I can get this in as well.

> BTW, do we also need an entry for USB keyboards?

Boy, life gets more fun all the time.  :)  Do USB keyboards have their own
set of scancodes, different from everything else?  :(

--
G. Branden Robinson            |         Psychology is really biology.
Debian GNU/Linux               |         Biology is really chemistry.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    The key to being a Southern Baptist:
Debian GNU/Linux               |    It ain't a sin if you don't get caught.