Cross Compiling x86 -> ppc ?

I have installed potato on both a PowerPC and Athlon machine.

As the latter is about ten times better WRT disk space and compilation times,
it would be nice if I could cross-compile ppc stuff on it. Mainly kernels and
generic stuff, but Debian packages would be nice as well.

Now my question is if there's an easy way of doing this in a Debian-style way?
I have installed binutils-multiarch and dpkg-cross, but haven't found actual
cross compilers.

Any suggestions are highly welcome.

Michel

--
Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net