Re: New PPC X server alpha (brown paper bag update)

Giorgio Signori wrote:

> Unfortunately, it locks a lot, don't know if it's my fault or not.

It's never your fault :-/

> First, if I turn on glint, X simply won't start.

Be more specific please. If you do _what_? What happens? Have you installed
the -update tarball?

> But more often, the server shhuts down. For example, if I do ctrl-alt-+ to
> switch resolution, it hangs. Also, if I run Afterstep, as I open the menu,
> it hangs. More, if I strat Gnome, it hangs a few seconds after that all the
> windows appear.

I'll have to investigate these, thanks for the report. Unfortunately, I'm
having exams for the next three weeks, so I won't have much time...

> But the strange thing is that if I start X with xinit and in the console I
> start gnome with gnome-session, gnome starts with no problem.
> Here is the log of when the driver crashes using afterstep.

Thanks, can you please send me logs of the two ways of starting GNOME (and
also your XF86Config) privately?

Michel

--
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free
 -- Linus Torvalds