Re: New PPC X server alpha

Kevin Puetz wrote:

> > - All acceleration options work now! Please use the new XF86Config or
> > remove the options from the device section to get an extra speedup
>
> So this works on ATI Mach64 now? I see that you've mentioned rage 128, but I
> don't see anything either way about Rage II+, Rage Pro?

Sorry, guess I have to disappoint you.

The included r128 driver is only for Rage128 (and maybe Pro).

And the mach64 (or whatever the driver for the Mach family is called) driver
is  not accelerated yet, the XFree86 ATI maintainer will add that after the
3.9.18 snapshot, so it should be in the 4.0 release.

The remark about "all acceleration" was only about the glint driver on Amigas.

> I'll test it right away on my G3 :-)

Please do.

Provided the binary works, I can try to build the mach64 (and other?) drivers
for testing. It's likely though that they'll have at least endianness problems
on PPC, unfortunately most drivers even still assume PC/VGA-hardware.

Michel

--
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free
 -- Linus Torvalds