Re: almost there, X config now.. and fixing all the errors

Hi,

From: Logan Hall <Logan.Hall@asu.edu>
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: almost there, X config now.. and fixing all the errors
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:29:52 -0700 (MST)

> Well i finaly got just about everything installed.  apache wont isntall..
> somthing with a bad sim link.  X installed but the provided X config file
was
> wrong for my system (biege G3 tower), and the one i saved from my LinuxPPC
> install just causes the blinking screen with the X respawning to fast,
> disabled for 5 minutes.  message.  Is there a X config tool for debian/ppc?

# I think Debian use defferent font path with LinuxPPC.

I use xserver-configure and fbset comands.

first, type

# xserver-configure

 as root, then you got XF86Config at /etc/X11/.
second, type

# fbset -x > mode.txt

edit XF86Config

replace line 336 to 340 with mode.txt.
delete line 409 to 448 (SVGA dos not need for PPC).
fix line 488 and 490 same as colour depth with MacOS.
fix line 492 same as resolution with mode.txt.

check line 206 and 207 , you must edit here to set with your mouse.
usbmouse is IMPS/2, adbmouse is BusMouse.

check /dev/mouse symlink to your mouse device.

and startx or /etc/init.d/xdm start

I hope your help.

             incoming
   kazumio@st.rim.or.jp